Sunday, August 18, 2019

One of "those" weeks

Some times plans don't come together and the week unfolds into something else. This was one of those weeks. The AC at the church stopped working so Dave spent several hours there with the repairmen. I developed an inner ear issue that had me pretty much in bed for a couple days with pain, pressure and dizziness. Thankfully, a Priesthood blessing, decongestant and hot oil in the ear made me well. Dave was woken up by a woman's voice that said "put warm olive oil in her ear". I was amazed at how quickly relief came when he did that. We prepared for our Thursday meeting and by 7:30 no one was there so we closed up and went home. We made more posters and taped them up around Scarborough. We had a great Stake Conference today with video broadcast from Trinidad. So, this is short and we have very few pictures...We appreciate your prayers. We appreciate your interest in reading about our mission. We send our love to you all!
 A fisherman repairing his net
 AC getting repaired
 Dave made some potato curry
 and tried his hand at Roti

 With it being the rainy season the mushrooms are plentiful
 Cute young boy enjoying the water


 Thought we'd try a different approach on a poster


   We place 20 posters all over Scarborough

2 comments:

  1. aw that is the cutest poster SIster Weeks! Good work! I hope it pays off soon! I had to laugh to read about you waiting at the church til 7:30, Elder Williams and I did that for a YSA activity here but no one showed up - they all laughed when we told them later we only waited half an hour! I think the kids were ready to check it out by about 8:30 pam ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. * I meant 8:30 pm, oops

    ReplyDelete

Tender Mercies

This will be the last tale I will be recording of our Trinidad Port of Spain Mission. I will begin with the 34 hour travel time to get back ...